Open Competitions Conditions of Entry 2020
OPEN COMPETITION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. All bookings for Opens must be accompanied by correct entry fees paid within 7 days of entry to the Professional’s Shop; otherwise a tee time will not be reserved. Visitors should provide an email address for notification of start time
2. All players must be current members of a Golf Club and have CONGU 'c' (competition) handicaps. Otherwise the team will not be eligible for prizes.
3. Handicap limit of 28 for men and 36 for ladies (unless otherwise specified).
4. Where a team is made up of players from different clubs and any player is a member of Mendip Golf Club, these will be deemed to be a ‘HOME’ team for the allocation of prizes.
5. Juniors are welcome to enter; however, any group where there is a playing junior must also contain at least one adult.
6. The closing date for all Opens is 14 days before competition date (unless otherwise specified). No refunds will be given after the closing date of the competition.
7. All Competitions shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews and to the Local Rules pertaining to the course.
8. The results will be posted on the club website as soon as is practicable and vouchers will be posted to visitors
9. Suitable golfing attire is required on the course.
10. Distance measuring devices are permitted to be used during the Opens but should measure distance only.
11. Except where otherwise provided in the conditions of a particular event, all ties shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes. If a tie still arises it shall be decided by reference to the last 6, 3 or 1 holes of the first nine holes. If a tie still arises prize places will be shared
12. The Committee’s decision shall be final.
13. The use of ride on buggies is generally not allowed in Club events unless players have provided a medical certificate or been given permission by the Committee
14. Where appropriate, additional conditions of competition for each event are shown in the details on the website.
Smart casual wear is permitted in the Clubhouse.