Club History

The Mendip Golf Club was originally founded in 1907, on land near the old Great Western Railway at the village of Doulting.

A year later it moved to its current site as a 9 hole course. It was designed by a member of the famous Vardon family. In 1965 the course was changed to 18 holes, the additional 9 being designed by Frank Pennick. In 1988 the par was extended to 71 by the purchase of land and the reconstruction of holes 12 to 14.


Around the Mendip Golf Club